Tuesday 3 August 2010

I miss you.
I miss your green coat.
I miss your green eyes.
Letting you go was the stupidest decision of my life. It's one I'll probably still regret in another three years.
You were the first girl I ever loved, and staying with you forever - it seemed like settling. How could I know if what we had was special, if I had nothing to compare it to?
Now I realise how incredibly lucky I was to have met you, and for you to have loved me as much as I loved you.
I never really stopped loving you.
I miss being able to text you about the little things that happen.
Whenever I swim in the sea, I think of you. Really, I swim for you.
We're both a little older and a little wiser now. We know a bit more about what we want from life, and about whom we want to spend it with.
I need someone smart, sharp and witty. Somebody not afraid of telling me I'm a fool, who can give as good as she gets. Someone with black hair and green eyes, who knows what a minotaur is.
I need you, if you'll have me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment